Digital marketing has replaced conventional marketing as the mainstream marketing of today.
As per Salesforce research, in 2023, marketers will spend about 3/4th of their total marketing budget on digital channels.
Compared to other business verticals, digital marketing has consistently performed and seen huge growth.
The digital marketing industry today offers tremendous opportunities worldwide.
And closer to home, the Digital Marketing Ad Revenue in India will be worth 540 billion rupees by the year 2024.
And with growth and revenue generation, comes the rewards.
For a digital marketing professional, these rewards translate to higher remuneration, salaries, and commissions.
Digital Marketing Job Profiles
1. SEO Specialist
SEO specialists generate relevant and sustainable website traffic intending to rank it higher on the search engine result pages (SERPs).
Expertise in keyword research, technical SEO aspects, and ranking Algorithms.
Experience in SEO tools like SEMrush, Ahrefs, Moz, Search Console, etc.
Conducting a keyword research for optimized content creation.
Doing on-site and off-site website analysis and optimization to drive traffic.
Complying with Search Engine Guidelines for white-hat SEO practices.
Implementing high-value link-building strategies for improving website authority.
SEO Specialist Digital Marketing Salary Range for 2023
For SEO profiles, the salary range is dependent on work experience and a better understanding of the subject.
1. SEO interns in metro cities get paid Rs 15,000 per month.
2. SEO specialists with around 1-year experience get paid an average of ₹194,000 per annum in India.
3. SEO specialists with around 2 years of experience get paid an average of Rs 2,20,000 annually.
4. SEO specialists with around 3-4 years of experience get paid an average of Rs 3,00,000-484,414 annually.
5. SEO specialists with around 5 to 9 years of experience can command anywhere between Rs 5,00,000 to 15,000,00 depending on the skillset, experience, and designation.
Copywriters create customized content that nudges the customers toward sales goals.
Ability to create clear and attractive copies.
Research-oriented with a collaborative mindset.
Empathic with a marketing and sales mindset.
In-depth research on the assigned topic that showcases the information relevant to the campaign.
Writing clear and engaging copy that accurately portrays the brand’s voice and tone.
Editing and proofreading that ensures an error-free copy.
Implementing SEO practices in the copy for a wider and targeted reach.
Copy Writer Digital Marketing Salary in India Range for 2023
1. Copywriting interns get paid around Rs 15,000 per month.
2. Copywriters with around 1-year experience get paid an average of ₹2,90,000 per annum in India.
3. Copywriters with around 2-year experience get paid an average of ₹3,60,000 per annum in India.
4. Copywriters with more than 3 years of experience with highly specialized skill sets can command anywhere between Rs 5,00,000 to 10,000,00 per annum and even more.
3. Web Developer
Web developers create functional and attractive websites that provide a good user experience and help achieve business goals.
UX/UI experience is desirable.
Creating and maintaining websites
Monitoring website performance and testing applications for websites.
Data integration from back-end services.
Web Developer Digital Marketing Salary Range for 2023
1. Web Developer interns get paid around Rs 20,000 per month.
2. Web developers with around 1-year experience get paid an average of ₹2,90,518 per annum in India.
3. Web developers with around 3-year experience get paid an average of ₹3,40,000 per annum in India.
4. Web developers with more than 5 years of experience with highly specialized skill sets can command anywhere between Rs 6,00,000 to 12,000,00 per annum and even more.
4. Pay Per Click Analyst
PPC Analyst creates paid advertising campaigns that deliver measurable results within a short period.
Understanding of search engine analytics tools.
Strong technical skills and knowledge of bidding types.
Understanding of buyer personas and psychology behind consumer clicks.
Understanding graphic design and landing page fundamentals is an added advantage.
Creating and managing ad campaigns on search engines and ad networks like Google, Bing, and Yandex.
Creating and managing ad campaigns on social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Quora, etc.
Setting keyword bids and ad campaigns within a prescribed budget.
Optimizing landing pages for PPC campaigns.
Analyzing, and reporting data for campaign performance.
PPC Analyst Digital Marketing Salary in India Range for 2023
1. PPC interns get paid around Rs 15,000 to 20,000 per month.
2. PPC analysts with around 1-year experience get paid an average of ₹2,70,000 per annum in India.
3. PPC analysts with around 2-year experience get paid an average of ₹3,60,000 per annum in India.
4. PPC analysts with around 3-year experience get paid an average of ₹5,75,000 per annum in India.
5. PPC analysts with Analytics experience can command anywhere between Rs 6,00,000 to 11,000,00 per annum and even more.
5. Social Media Marketing Specialist
SMM specialists conceptualize and implement the complete social media strategy to drive engagement and improve conversions for a business.
An eye for engaging content in all its forms.
Knowledge of different Social Media channels, applications, design, and strategy.
Experience in different social media channels, design, and strategy.
Knowledge of different social media tools like BuzzSumo, Buffer, and Hootsuite.
Creating marketing campaigns on different social media channels.
Creating and sharing engaging content that promotes the brand and gets positive online reviews, comments, and shares.
Monitoring social media accounts and interacting with the viewers.
Analyzing and auditing social media marketing costs and returns.
SMM Specialist Digital Marketing Salary Range for 2023
1. SMM specialists with around 1-year experience get paid an average of ₹2,52,444 per annum in India.
3. SMM specialists with around 2-year experience get paid an average of ₹3,80,000 per annum in India.
4. SMM specialists with around 3-year experience get paid an average of ₹5,50,000 per annum in India.
5. SMM specialists with 5-9 years of experience earn anywhere from 7 to 14 lakhs per annum with an average being 11.1 lakhs per annum.
6. Digital Marketing Manager
A digital marketing manager is a senior position in digital marketing and related sectors.
As this position requires a high level of experience and specialized
expertise, it pays quite well compared to other positions described above.
With time, any of the above digital marketing specialists can cut and attain this position that pays the highest compensation compared to other positions.
Experience in Performance Marketing
Knowledge of different digital marketing functions like SEO, PPC, content marketing, etc.
Experience in managing teams.
Good communication and leadership skills.
Updated knowledge of current marketing trends.
Analyzing different digital channels to promote a business or brand.
Managing different digital marketing campaigns under one roof.
Plan, monitor, and improve a brand’s digital presence and reputation.
Updating and optimizing digital marketing strategies by analyzing data.
Creating and sustaining relationships with clients, partners, vendors, and other agencies.
1. The average salary of a newly promoted digital marketing manager is between 5 to 6 lakhs per annum.
2. The salaries for a DMM profile with an experience of 4 to 6 years range from 8 to 10 lakhs.
3. Digital marketing managers with more than 6 years of experience can earn anywhere from 11 to 18 lakh rupees per annum.
Range of Digital Marketing Jobs
The field of digital marketing is not related to these job profiles only.
Other job designations like Content Managers, data analysts, marketing automation specialists, and media planners also exist.
Digital marketing is a vast field with different job profiles.
And digital marketing is not related to the marketing and advertising field only.
Exciting new sectors including the travel & tourism sector, hospitality, real estate, health care, finance, and media & entertainment among a ton of other sectors also require the services of digital marketing experts.
So, whatever field you choose, you can get digital marketing jobs that pay well and offer lots of opportunities for you to grow.
Digital marketing salary in 2023 depends on several established and interconnected factors. Have a look at some of these factors below.
A big digital marketing agency or an MNC will pay higher remuneration for digital marketing jobs than small agencies.
Location matters in a digital marketing job profile with metro cities offering a higher digital marketing salary in India compared to tier 2 and 3 cities.
3. Education & Certifications
Education and certifications matter in getting a higher digital marketing salary in India.
Diplomas and certifications from reputed institutes like Digifine will get you a higher salary than a certificate from a less prestigious institute.
4. Work experience and Title
Just like all other business sectors, work experience, and job title leads to a higher digital marketing salary in India.
A varied and deep skillset builds credibility in any industry and the digital marketing sector is no exception.
So, work on developing new skill sets by enrolling in digital marketing courses from Digifine.
With Digifine, you learn cutting-edge and industry-relevant digital marketing skills and techniques with a 100% placement guarantee.
Digital Marketing Salary in Mumbai
Mumbai is the financial capital of India and has the best prospects to make a career in the digital marketing sector in India.
Digital marketing salary in Mumbai is among the best offered in the country.
Digital marketing salary in metro cities is around 27% higher than the national average salary.
Come join us, access and enroll in our courses, and get the digital marketing salary of your dreams, with DADE, Digifine Academy of Digital Education.
Digital marketing salary in India is dependent on many variables that are not set in stone.
The real game-changer is the skillset you have and the ability to adapt and grow in your business vertical.
With digital marketing certifications from Digifine, you get to decide for yourself and opt for the course of your dreams.
At Digifine we train students and professionals alike in digital marketing skills and prepare them for top-notch jobs in the industry.
With us, you avail of the 100% placement guarantee that assures a fruitful job in the digital marketing sector.